Why is it so hard to understand that we allow NO SPAM?

October 16, 2011

I just cancelled another server, I'm sure he'll go somewhere else that won't care. Some people don't understand what constitutes SPAM (at least in my book) unless it's being sent to them. If you're getting multiple complaints daily, then most likely the list you are sending to didn't really opt-in to receive your content. Purchasing a list of "opt-in" email addresses means you are purchasing a list of people who opted in to receive someone else's marketing material, not yours. Sending marketing material to someone completely unrelated to what they signed up for will result in complaints. Placing a small disclaimer at the bottom that you are getting these emails about lowering your home mortgage rate because you signed up to the widget makers craft emporium newsletter doesn't make it better.

In other news, is there anyone interested in an Intel Core2Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, 100Mbps uplink with a /27 and a /28? (42 IPs usable) I can give you a good price… ;)

Tags: #geek #tech #spam #security #abuse #servers

To comment or reply: View post on Google+

Tags: , , , , ,

15 Responses to Why is it so hard to understand that we allow NO SPAM?

1. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm

whats a good price? What if I need 2tb and 8gig?

2. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Looking for $175/mo

3. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm

A 2TB hard drive would be around $25/mo additional and to upgrade to 8GB RAM would be $15/mo

4. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 7:47 pm

no resales program?

5. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 7:49 pm

What do you mean by resales program?

6. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

sorry, do you have a reseller program?

7. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I thought that was what you were asking, but wasn't sure. No, not yet… Just an affiliates program to earn commission on customers you refer.

8. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm

is there a link for the affiliate program payouts?

9. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm

It's just a flat 5% on all payments received for accounts you refer. You have to have an account to signup as an affiliate, but you can create an account without purchasing anything here: https://www.ssahost.com/register2.php

10. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 9:09 pm

How long until you get cloud services?

11. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 9:18 pm

The infrastructure is very expensive… Depends on what you need, I resell a cloud based virtual sever product now. Easily scalable as needed.

12. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I am looking for a cheap proxy solution, I was hoping the cloud would be cheaper than the virtual I have now.

13. andrew siverly on October 16, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I am thinking about making a proxy solution that I can sell to the public. So cloud sounds sexy for that..

14. Kristopher Jordy on October 16, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Lol, true.. Single VPS node is $15 and you have a choice of cloud locations, if you need more CPU power or memory just add another node and reboot. What OS do you prefer?

15. Jacob Smock on October 17, 2011 at 2:57 pm

So, can I set up an open gateway on one of your servers? It would not be my intent to spam. >:-P

Leave A Reply.

To comment or reply, please view the original post on Google+ by using the link provided above.

Switch to our mobile site